Dear Family Members and Friends,
We know you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 and how it may impact your loved one at a SanStone Health Care Center. Ensuring our staff and residents are in a safe and healthy environment is our top priority as we continue to provide care for your loved ones. We are following strict infection control protocols per CMS, CDC, and State guidelines/regulations in all SanStone centers. Here are some of the things we are doing:
- Restricting all visitors, volunteers, and non-essential health care personnel from visiting the center, except for end-of-life care OR an emergent situation determined by the center to necessitate the visit.
- Actively screening all health care personnel and employees, which includes checking temperatures and O2 stats at the beginning of each visit or shift.
- Requiring all vendors to drop supplies outside of the building. To limit visiting traffic, many of our health care personnel are now working remotely.
- Sanitizing all mail and other items delivered to the centers before distributing them to our residents.
- Checking all resident’s temperature and O2 stats at least one time each day.
- Continuing to thoroughly sanitize each center multiple times throughout the day and night.
Currently, we are accepting new admissions as individuals, like your loved ones, continue to need the care and treatments we provide. Please be assured we are screening very thoroughly and appropriately to preserve the safety of our environments.
To help our residents continue to thrive and heal in our centers with your support, we are:
- Encouraging phone or video calls to each resident’s family members daily.
- Allowing families to visit their loved ones “face-to-face” through glass windows or other protected spaces.
- Continuing to send updates via RoboCalls to each responsible party.
- Encouraging phone calls to our staff for up-to-date reports on your loved one.
We thank each of you for the support you’ve given SanStone as we navigate through this unprecedented health crisis together. Please contact us directly if you have specific questions, or we can provide additional assistance to you.